Amanda's Back to School Sale- Updated Aug. 12, 2011



Yes, it's that time of the year.  The back to school sales are beginning.  Sometimes I think, could it be?  We only just ended a few weeks ago?  But secretly as a teacher I get excited about "Back to School" sales.  I love buying a new box of markers for $1.00 or crayons for 25 cents.  It gets me excited about heading back to school as a teacher.  This year the sales are helping me get excited about going to teach in Hungary.  I'm having to refrain from buying so much of what I normally do as I won't have space for it.

So, I thought I should throw my own "Back to School" sale.  It's a different type of sale.  The sale is to help me get to Hungary to be able to teach the 2nd graders there.  (I can't wait to meet them!)  It's only 14 days until I plan to leave!

The "items" for sale below are estimates of my costs as I go to Hungary.  If you would like to purchase one please fill out a pledge form, write a check to TeachBeyond and mail it in.  I would also love to know if you are purchasing an item I'll cross it off my list.  If you need a pledge form or more information please contact me at aferris(@)teachbeyond(.) org.

Updated- Aug. 12, 2011

Rent           Total Need - $350
              $100 (Monthly)                   
              $100 (Monthly)                   
              $100 (Monthly)
              $ 50 (Monthly)                    

Utilities - gas, electric, water      Total Need - $230
      
              $30 (Monthly)                   
              $50 (Monthly)                   
              $100 (Monthly)                  
              $50 (Monthly)                   

Groceries          Total Need -  $300
                                 
              $25 (Monthly)                   
              $25 (Monthly)                                                                                  
              $50 (Monthly)                   
              $50 (Monthly)                   
              $75 (Monthly)                   
              $75 (Monthly)                   
             
Personal Expenses      Total Need - $150   
 Toiletries and Basic Necessities (shampoo, lotion, toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrush, Advil, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent)

              $25 (Monthly)                   
              $25 (Monthly)                   
              $50 (Monthly)                   
              $50 (Monthly)                   

Public Transportation    Total Need - $50

              $25 (Monthly)                   
              $25 (Monthly)                   

Student Loans    Total Need- $300

  $25 (Monthly)                   
              $25 (Monthly)                   
              $25 (Monthly)     
  $75 (Monthly)                   
              $75 (Monthly)                   
              $75 (Monthly)                   
             
Retirement         Total Need - $115

              $10 (Monthly)      
              $15 (Monthly)     
              $30 (Monthly)     
              $30 (Monthly)     
              $30 (Monthly)     

Taxes                 Total Need - $135

              $25 (Monthly)     
              $25 (Monthly)     
              $35 (Monthly)
              $50 (Monthly)     
                    
Life and Medical Insurance           Total Need - $290

              $30 (Monthly)     
              $30 (Monthly)     
              $30 (Monthly)     
              $100 (Monthly)    
              $100 (Monthly)    

Continuing Education   Total Need - $120
             
              $20 (Monthly)     
  $100 (Monthly)       

Other Monthly Expenses         Total Need - $85
      Postage – $15 (Monthly)
      ATM Withdrawal Fee – $25 (Monthly)
      Internet and phone – $45 (Monthly)

One Time Needs:   
       Airfare to Hungary – $800
       Baggage Fees to Hungary – $100
       Return airfare to the United States – $800
       Baggage Fees to the United States- $250
       Classroom Supplies – $200
       Books for my classroom – $100
       Dentist visit– $100
       Haircuts – $50
       Winter boots – $150
       Drying rack – $25
       Kitchen towels – $20 




Let me know if you have questions or what to "purchase" anything.  


Comments

  1. WAY TO GO!!! I'm praying that lots of people will joyfully & abundantly cover the costs of these items!! We NEED you there on time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts