New Digs!

I'm back from Germany and settling in to my new apartment.  It's a great place and I am very thankful God provided it for me.  Thank you for your prayers!  It about 5-7 minute walk to school especially if traffic is light.  It has a fabulous view, especially at night.   (The pictures are from before I moved in.)

I live on the second story of a house and the landlord family lives downstairs.  (It kind of reminds me of my set up when I lived in Stillwater.)   My landlords have four kids, two teenage girls and two young boys.  It's already been a learning experience in Hungarian culture living there just two weeks.  I'm sure I'll say more about that later.

I get to climb the spiral stairs to my door.  
My place has three bedrooms.  I am settling in to one of them with lots of windows and light.  I upgraded from a twin bed last year to a queen sized bed from America.  (It's what was in the house.)   


My bedroom
 The kitchen is nice and spacious.  I however I do find it interesting how appliances are organized in a kitchen. I have my sink in the corner, the dishwasher right next to it, turn around and there's the stove.  It just makes things interesting and fun to do the "kitchen dance" when there is more than one person in there.  

Speaking of more than one person, my housemate, Michelle will be teaching 5th grade at ICSB.  She's a Wisconsonite.  She hasn't arrived yet and I am eager for her to get here.  She is still raising support.  Will you pray for her that she would be able to come soon?  We need her here!  The 5th grade class is being covered by 3 different teachers right now.

A look into the living room, dining room & kitchen area

Next I'll show you my classroom that's shaping up for year 2.  It's so wonderful to be here setting it up. I do love this time of year.  

Comments

  1. Awesome new place! Thanks for sharing pics as you know how I love to see living spaces. Have a wonderful new year and we can't wait to hear more stories about life in Budapest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking living space. Enjoy the spaciousness. The kitchen set-up makes it easy to do your work without too much travel - where is the fridge? Also is it a full size like in NA or just a little guy under the counter?
    Does the "up-grade" in the bed make a need for new linens?

    Hoping the grade 5 teacher gets there soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean- Yes, the "upgrade" means new linens. :) The fridge on the wall by the pantry and the dining room table. It's not pictured as I needed to purchase it. The place didn't have a fridge. It's a taller one. About 5 feet 6 inches. I got to choose. There are little ones and REALLY big ones. Mine is pretty average. It's much narrower than a NA one.

      Thanks for your comments and prayers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts